I’m so excited to share this post with you as it is my very first one. (I had another blog, but wasn’t happy with it as it was a free one and your options were limited and wasn’t very pretty. It’s very true what they say, “You get what you pay for.”) There were so many topics to choose from for my first post, but thought this would be a great one that covers all areas of a healthy lifestyle which is of utmost importance to me. To me a healthy lifestyle consists of eating right, daily exercise, and using all natural products…meaning no chemicals or added ingredients that you wouldn’t ingest. Usually products that only consist of one to two ingredients. The less the better.
What we put on our body is just as important as what we put in our body. Our skin is the largest organ of the body.
Did you know….
1. Our skin absorbs 60% of what touches it. Many products such as shampoo, lotions, medications, and perfume go from the skin to the bloodstream and delivered to all body parts.
2. We absorb more through our skin than through ingesting.
3. Our skin is a reflection of our insides. Our hydration and nourishment are key to radiating skin.
It doesn’t get any easier than this. 5 simple ingredients that are natural and very economical for those who are on a budget. These ingredients can be used to better your health, for making your home a more healthier place, and to help take care of your body.
Here is the list of ingredients and a few ways how they can help you on your healthful lifestyle journey.
1. White vinegar is the most versatile and economical product out there. It is typically used in making salad dressings and sauces. Another great use is making an all natural household cleaner that acts as a disinfectant and deodorizer. It cleans much like an all purpose cleaner. Just mix a solution of equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray bottle and you have a solution that will clean most areas of your home.
2. Epsom salt is not actually salt but a naturally occurring pure mineral compound of magnesium and sulfate. It is most commonly used in baths for its magical benefits of easing stress and relaxing the body, relieving pain and muscle cramps, and eliminating toxins from the body. One cup in a hot bath is ideal.
3. Baking soda is used for many things and is another inexpensive product. It acts as a leavening agent in baking….makes all those tiny bubbles. It also acts as a gentle abrasive cleaner. It can also be used in place of toothpaste as well as a freshener— Refresh stinky sneakers: sprinkle baking soda inside the shoes to soak up sweat and odors. Put an opened box in the fridge to eliminate odors.
4. Organic coconut oil is not an inexpensive product, but is worth it’s weight in gold. It can be used for cooking especially to replace any cooking oil and for wonderful beauty products. It has anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties as well. Great for oil pulling and using plain as a body lotion or removing make up. It is a solid oil, but will soften in a warm setting.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is an awesome product for balancing the ph in your body and skin. It is great for detoxing your body. It is very potent and should always be diluted with water. ACV also works great for heartburn. Only organic will do that has the ‘mother’ included.
I hope you enjoyed my first blog post and gained some useful information. I will be covering more detailed information on these subjects in the days to come.